If you’ve wanted to take apart the Apple iPhone 5, this is the right place for you as we’ve got instructions for you to take apart the phone. This may be beneficial if you’d like to change the battery or other internal parts if you’re unlucky enough to have damaged the phone in some way, and you can save a cool amount in repair bills. Alternatively, you can also remove the bezel part and render this if the phone is susceptible to the common damage problem. If you need tools for purchase you can get these from our shop. Before beginning please make sure that you are familiar with the instructions, as a mistake can damage the phone and invalidate the warranty.
Apple iPhone 5 Disassembly/Dismantle Instructions:
1) Turn off the phone.
2) Using the SIM card removal tool, take out the microSD.
3) Using a pentalobe screwdriver, take out the 2 screws either side of the charge port.
4) You will need a suction device to gain a bit of leverage on the front screen. Attach the cup and apply a little upwards pressure. Once a separation has been gained, use a case tool to run this around the phone.
5) Warning: The LCD Screen, digitizer and camera ribbon cables are beneath a metal plate at the top of the phone. This needs to be undone first so that the cables can be removed.
6) With the cables removed, the front screen can be separated from the phone. At this stage, either of these components can be replaced with a new one if needed.
7) The home button and earpiece are secured in by plates with screws on the rear of the front screen. These can be undone and the components prized out with the case tool.
8) For changing the actual LCD panel, this is secured in under yet another plate with six screws, which need to be undone and the screen pops out.
9) To remove the battery on the main phone the metal shield to the right of the battery needs to be removed. There are three Philips screws here.
10) Once the plate has been removed, the battery is connected by ribbon cable, which can be undone by case tool.
11) Reassembly is just a reverse of these parts.
Should you need further disassembly of the phone, you can see a guide here:
Need accessories for Apple iPhone 5? Visit our shop.